Recipe 001 : Chicken Joy ala Jollibee





Mom has been watching a lot of YouTube videos lately and she's been trying them on a weekly basis as well. Recently she tried Malou's Chicken Joy ala Jollibee and we're very happy with the result.

Here's the recipe from the website:

Ingredients:
  • 8-10 pcs chicken thighs and legs
  • lemon
  • salt and pepper


For the breading:
  • 1/2 c cornstarch
  • 1/2 c flour
  • salt &;pepper
  • 1 tbsp five spice (five spice is an acquired taste so if you may add a minimum of 1tbsp first and adjust as you please)

Procedure:
  • Marinate chicken with lemon and salt and pepper overnight or at least 30 minutes.
  • Fill a large skillet (cast iron is best) about  half full with vegetable oil. Heat until VERY hot.. Meanwhile, roll the chicken pieces into the breading.
  • Shake off excess flour.
  • Drop  5-6  pieces into the hot oil.
  • Make sure there's enough space to stir the chicken.
  • Deep fry it until golden brown.
  • Drain the fried chicken.
  • It should be crispy goden brown like so: 


Mom doesn't really want me to post this, she wasn't really prepared with the plating and all. I still took a photo, I mean it's really really delicious.

ps. I'm Happy Joy's daughter and I will be writing here during the first few entries, once mom gets the hang of it, she will definitely take over.






0 comments